EVD400 driver Phase Out

By
FAQ
on 11/5/15, 4:36 AM 260 views

I need to replace an EVD400 Electronic Expansion Valve driver for a chiller circuit but I'm told this has now been phased out. How do I go about finding an alternative replacement?

Stefano Lanzani

--Stefano Lanzani--
| 2 0 2
London
--Stefano Lanzani--
Stefano Lanzani
On 11/5/15, 4:38 AM

Unfortunately the EVD400 is a completely phased out product and this has been replaced by the EVD Evolution drivers. This is not purchasable any more.

You can still purchase the EVD400 USB converter that is a required tool to program the pLAN address on the driver so it can communicate to the controller. This is the CVSTDUTTL0 and can be used along side the configuration software for the EVD400.

Unfortunately if you are stuck and need to upgrade to the EVD Evolution Driver, you will need to:

1) Disable in the PCO controller software the pLAN Management of the Driver as from the moment you will disconnect the old EVD400 you will get an offline alarm and the circuit will be disabled from running. 

NOTE: You will most surely need the password from the manufacturer of the Chiller/Unit to access the parameters in manufacturing menu that will disable the driver.

2) Install the EVD Evolution driver in the panel and reconnect the Suction temperature and Suction pressure to the new module and configure this to work as a stand-alone.

3) Connect the ID1 digital input of the new driver to the Auxiliary contact of the compressor contactor which will enable the driver to run.

Hope this provides enough and clear information.

Do not hesitate to post me a reply should you require further assistance.

• Flag

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Want to be updated when new questions are asked?

About This Forum

For all your support requirements regarding CAREL, Belimo and all things HVAC

About

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/5/15, 4:36 AM
Seen: 260 times
Last updated: 7/11/17, 1:12 AM